The Lounge Car
- A Primer on The Motor Car Hobby Another look at this growing and fasanating hobby!
A Primer on The Motor Car Hobby by Jeremy Winkworth
- An Amtrak Trip Report From the Old Dominion to the Sunshine State and Return on Amtrak's Silver Star
Trip Report by Jack Deasy
- Copper Canyon on the Mexican National Railway The Chihuahua al Pacifico division of the Mexican National railway runs passenger service from Chihuahua to Los Mochis, Sin. (400 miles) Come on along and see the sites!
Copper Canyon by Stew and Chipper MacMillan
- Farewell to the Eagle...Maybe! Take a trip on Amtrak's Eagle with Bob Mrotek. Bob is a free lance consultant in the railroad freight car industry with over 20 years experience in the field of freight car maintenance. His entertaining and somewhat irreverent story is a must read!
Farewell to the Eagle...Maybe by Bob Mrotek
- This is a report on a private car trip (dubbed "The Greenbrier Limited"), behind Amtrak's Cardinal, from Cincinnati to Clifton Forge and return on Sunday September 8th, 1996
The Greenbrier Limited by Jack Deasy
- North to Seattle! Take a trip on Amtrak's Coast Starlight. Here is a trip report complete with pictures.
North to Seattle! by Carl Morrison
- Ever wondered what it's like to ride a private car in the age of Amtrak and Via? John H. Deasy takes us onboard the Blue Ridge for a six day journey up into Canada and back.
Traveling Onboard the Blue Ridge by John H. Deasy
- A few years ago my wife Amy and I drove to Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Canada to ride the Algoma Central up to Hearst. We had ridden the tour train many times before, but this was the first time to the "end of track". Leaving on Friday, Christmas Eve Day and returning Monday morning, this story follows our adventures and the people we met. Things did not always go as planned, for us or the crew, and the 60 below zero weather was a little colder then we were prepared for but we had a great time and are planning to do it again. I wrote this story for Rail Online and thought I would reproduce it here with all new color images and sounds recorded on the trip.
Riding The Algoma Central to End of Track by Daniel S. Dawdy
- Many of you have read my story about the trip my wife and I took on the Algoma Central in the dead of winter.
We did it the easy way, inside the train. Now Mark & Deby Springer take you for a ride on every inch of the Algoma, not on a train, but inside their own speeder!
The Algoma Central, By Speeder by Mark Springer
All Contents and Images © 1994 - 2012 by Daniel S. Dawdy and Ribbon Rail Productions
No part of this site may be used or reproduced on other sites or in print without the permission of